Thursday, June 16, 2011

Flint Art Fair 2011 Recap!

Posted by Crystal Pepperdine, Founder and Executive Director of Flint Handmade

I have attended the annual Friends of Modern Art Flint Art Fair for as long as I can remember, but this was the first year that I have actually volunteered at the Fair. 


I enjoyed meeting the other volunteers and working at the Kearsley Street Gate.  I was the "official" puppy greeter, so I got to say hello to all of the doggies that attended the Fair!

After I volunteered, I had to check out all of the wonderful artists, of course!

Jean Nixon of The AuGres Sheep Factory was spinning wool and selling all of her gorgeous creations with her husand, Richard.  I really want to learn how to spin, so I was very excited to meet Jean!

I encouraged Lori Setera of A Hidden Word to apply to vend at a Flint Handmade Craft Market.  I think her "natural alphabet photography" would go over well with our shoppers!

Jim Wolnosky from Bath, Michigan, had some amazing wood and metal mobiles on display.

It was this GIGANTIC guitar made of marble that attracted me to Clayton Bell's booth...

...and when I stepped into the booth I saw more of his stone creations in the form of flower vases...

...and oil lamps!  Very crafty! 

Clayton Bell is from Flower Mound, Texas.  He can be reached at artrocksstudio@mac.com.

P.S. If anyone is interested in volunteering at the 2012 Flint Art Fair (June 9 & 10, 2012), please email flinthandmade@hotmail.com or comment below.

I plan to work the 10:30am-12:30pm shift on Sunday again. 

Volunteers are needed on Saturday and Sunday, so you can volunteer with me if you are available then or on another day/time if that is better for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment