Thursday, August 12, 2010

Craftacular Saturday: The Blue House and I aRt Festival

Posted by Crystal

At long last...the post about my craftacular Saturday at The Blue House in Ann Arbor and the I aRt Festival at The Marquee in Redford!  I took TONS of pictures, so this is going to be a lengthy post.  Consider yourself warned.  ;)

As I expected, both events were fantastic...great weather, great locations, great vendors!

I started at MittenMADE at The Blue House in Ann Arbor.  The Blue House is a gorgeous handmade studio and consignment shop.

They have the most beautiful gardens on the property...

...and the cutest pennant banner on the porch!

Immediately upon entering, I saw these fabulous red earrings by Designs by Arielle and Pamela.

I met Marcy at the Sunday Artisan Market in Kerrytown last year.  I think her line of All Things Grow prints are so fresh and calming.

The adorable kitchen at The Blue House.  I love that farmhouse sink!

Stephanie of Always the Forest and her racks of amazing handmade clothes.

Whitney was the sweetest gal!  And her line of Whitney Crutchfield Hand-Printed Textiles were also very sweet.

I always love Nicole's display for Sloe Gin Fizz.  Those pennant banners are just too cute!

I am madly in love with the letterpress stationary from Elevated Press.

Michelle from Elevated Press smiles behind her sweet and simple table display.  The Vernor's box and open suitcase are perfect!

Allie of Mitten Made crochets while she vends.  It makes me smile when I see vendors working on projects at craft shows.  :)

I love like things.  I especially love like things all lined up in rows.  I could stare down the aisles of a library all day long.  I could stare at these gorgeous crocheted flower brooches from Mitten Made even longer.  I bought one in olive green to jazz up my winter coat.

How clever is this???  Allie, I am sooooo jealous of your ingenious idea!

Danielle from threesixfive had the cutest little chair display next to her table. 

Awesome soldered charms by Nichole of The Little Craft Closet.

Siobhan (l) and Marcy (All Things Grow) enjoying the beautiful porch.  Siobhan (pronounced sha-VON) is the owner/operator of The Blue House.  She is my handmade hero!

Finally, I bid adieu to The Blue House and headed for the I aRt Festival in Redford at The Marquee...

...but you'll have to wait until next week for me to finish the story!  BWAHAHAHA!  Crafty Cliffhanger, much!

In the meantime, you can get a craft fix at CrafterLot this Saturday, August 14 at The Blue House!  "Love local.  Support handmade."  We couldn't agree more!

2 comments:

  1. Great roundup, Crystal — and beautiful photos!!! Yay, Blue House!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, thanks so much for the props! You captured MittenMADE perfectly!

    ReplyDelete