Thursday, September 30, 2010

MakersMEET @ The Blue House in Ann Arbor

Posted by Crystal


Well, dear blog readers, my flirtation is now a full-on love affair!

Every Wednesday night from 6:30-8:30pm, The Blue House hosts MakersMEET, a casual evening where makers/artists/crafters work on their current creative project and hang out with other creative people. 

I went to a MakersMEET in August and had a fantasic time!  Here are some photos from my visit to tempt you with all of the delicious craftiness:
  
The Blue House has the CUTEST signage!

Blue House Owner/Operator Siobhan was working on another fabulous sign during MakersMEET...

...didn't it turn out adorably?!?

Sarah was creating a pie stamp for blockprinting.  I can't wait to see the prints she creates!

Nicole of Slow Gin Fizz was adding whimsical little fabric spool embellishments to a dress that we coerced her into modeling for us!  ;)

I worked on FH buttons...and took pictures of the handmade shop inside The Blue House!  I snapped this pic of myself rockin' my Handmade Detroit shirt while photographing all of the crafty goodies for sale, some of which included...

...soap...

...purses...

...tiles...

...owls and reusable shopping bags...

...zippered pouches...

...baby bibs...

...and crocheted dish clothes!

I encourage all crafters in Southeast Michigan to check out The Blue House in Ann Arbor.  MakersMEET is a great night to go for your first visit! 


And, while you are there, consider buying an official shirt to support The Blue House.  It features a great design screenprinted by Modati on a super comfortable unisex American Apparel shirt...all for only $18! 

I got a shirt for me and one for my boyfriend.  But, I promise you'll never see us wearing them at the same time...that would just be too disgustingly cute.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment