Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vintage Sewing Tools and Supplies

Posted by Crystal

What is it about vintage sewing and crafting tools and supplies that makes me adore them so?

I recently went to Battle Alley Arcade Antiques Mall in Holly and fell madly in love with some wonderful vintage items. 

Battle Alley is the MOST charming antique store I have ever visited.  It is set up indoors like a small, old-fashioned road with mini-storefronts.  You feel like you could find a treasure in every single room and aisle.

I saw this fascinating Traum Dressmaker Guide.  I didn't buy it because I wanted to research its purpose to decide if I actually needed it.  Etsy to the rescue!  I found this listing for a Clinton Pleat Maker AND a Traum Dressmaker Guide.  I think the Pleat Maker looks so cool, too!

However, I did purchase these awesome yellow buttons on their original card...

...and turned them into a fabulous pair of upcycled earrings for my line of beautiful JUNK crafts that will be for sale at the Holiday Craft Market!

We hope to see YOU this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment